Surgical & Medical Procedures
3D Surgical Animations
When conveying complex information, presenting the information in various media can help people better understand the story. 3D surgical animation can provide immense visual details to complement written or verbal communications. Confucius is often quoted as saying, “I hear, and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand.” That means to gain a deep understanding of topics truly, we must hear, see, and do.
What are 3D Surgical Animations?
3D surgical animations make it possible to easily explain surgical procedures with a significantly higher comprehension than surgical video production alone. Medical schools use 3D surgery animation to help students learn about surgical procedures. They can provide perspectives for surgeries that are just not possible with other types of media.
Why Choose 3D Surgical Animations?
Under traditional forms of education, it would be nearly impossible to have medical students and professionals gain a deeper understanding of particular protocols. Some instances cannot be replicated in real-life to provide the context for preparing for that situation. Case studies can help, but they only offer one piece of the puzzle for solving complex issues.
For this reason, we can turn case studies into highly enriching animations that give a visual reference for the information. With the assistance of Virtual Reality, you can create an interactive simulation of a situation that provides students with a chance to hear, see, and do.
3D Surgical Animations Uses
Because 3D surgical animations are vivid and versatile, they can be used for a wide array of needs, including:
- Patient education videos — Patients who choose elective plastic surgery, for example, benefit from seeing the procedures demonstrated using 3D surgery animation. These 3D surgical animations help them understand the procedures and make a better-informed choice about which procedure they wish to undergo. These patient education videos make them feel comfortable and set reasonable expectations about surgical outcomes.
- Train staff and surgeons — 3D surgical animations can be created to cover any topic. Unlike live-action surgery videos that can only give the camera’s perspective, 3D surgical animations can provide views from various angles to provide further context to the instruction.
- Marketing videos — Whether it is for a trade show, conference, social media, or investor presentations, 3D surgical animations can give unique details that convey a lot of information in a short time.
- Provide information for legal proceedings — In situations where complex scientific information needs to be condensed into easily understandable information, 3D surgical animations can provide the participants in a legal proceeding with the information they need. They are especially useful for cases where forensics evidence needs clarification to be understood.
- Pediatric patient education videos — Videos can be tailored to appeal better to children and help them understand a procedure’s process. This will help alleviate their fears and make them much more comfortable before, during, and after a procedure.
- How to use medical devices — New devices are sometimes complicated to learn for even the most seasoned healthcare professional. 3D surgical animations can show precisely how to operate correctly, implant, maintain, or dispose of a device.
These are only a few of the situations where 3D surgical animations and patient education videos can make different processes easier to understand. At Ghost Productions, we can help bring your ideas to life by creating amazingly detailed and life-like animations. We have expertise in a wide array of areas within the medical field and provide exactly what you need.
We guide you through the entire process from pre-production to post-production. Trust us to handle everything for you from start to finish expertly. Contact us today to discuss your ideas and find out how we can help!