Medical Interactive Media
Medical interactive media refers to the creation of medical digital content meant to convey a certain message while simultaneously engaging the audience.
As opposed to regular videos or other digital creations, the audience takes an active role in the consumption of the media, which can allow them to walk away with a better picture of what the healthcare provider is trying to promote, be it a detailed explanation of the patient’s potential health journey in a particular facility, or an awareness video meant for a broad audience.
Why Choose Medical Interactive Media?
The potential benefits of producing interactive videos can be leveraged and applied for various goals the healthcare institution or company has. These videos are created based on the specific guidelines and goals you want to achieve through the video, with a key focus on increasing the level of engagement the viewer has.
Here are some potential applications for medical interactive media:
- Virtual tours – producing an interactive tour of labs, treatment rooms, and other facilities is one of the most popular uses of this type of content. Healthcare providers can present their facility to investors, prepare students or new staff by providing them with more information about the area they will work with, or even be used as a marketing approach to show potential patients the conditions of their treatment rooms;
- Health and safety training – training for issues such as health and safety, or Personal Protective Equipment can require a lot of resources and, at times, it can be challenging for healthcare providers to offer constant training to staff. Medical interactive media aims to support this goal and walk the staff through the different stages of the training;
- Patient experience – people face some anxiety when walking into a healthcare facility, especially one that’s completely new to them. Facilities can create videos that walk patients through the different stages of a usual visit and show them the areas they’ll go through, so they have a better view of what to expect;
- Diagnostic imaging – interactive annotations can be added to diagnostic imagery to ease the sharing of information. Both text and voice annotations may be added to allow disseminating the information even to individuals with reading barriers;
- Medical vocabulary – training new staff on medical vocabulary is done much faster through interactive imagery, as it allows students or new employees to immediately associate the word with the object or action;
- Educational interactive videos – this application boosts the learning experience by providing better visual cues for even more complex biomedical notions. It can be especially useful in helping students to see the notions they learn applied in a context that better mimics real life;
- Physicians and first responders training – to a certain extent, medical interactive media can be integrated into physicians and first responders training, particularly in moments where in-person training is not possible, or for lessons that are more theoretical;
- Public health campaigns – providers often have a difficult time raising awareness of public health matters in simple and engaging ways, particularly regarding matters that the public doesn’t fully understand without additional information or context. But medical interactive media is a cost-effective way to convey even more complicated concepts in one product, and engage the viewer simultaneously.
Choose Ghost Productions to start a project
As an award-winning medical animation company, Ghost Productions is in the right position to help all actors in the healthcare field with their medical interactive media needs.