***This Position Has Been Filled*** Ghost Productions is Hiring! – Software Developer
Ghost Productions is hiring! We are looking for a software developer that is highly skilled in Filemaker Pro to join our team.
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE
Custom Software Developer
POSITION & COMPENSATION
Competitive full-time salary with standard employee medical/dental benefits, 401k retirement contributions, and extensive bonus incentives for achieving milestone challenges ahead of deadlines
Ghost Productions is making a pilgrimage from off-the-shelf CRM & project management software and developing its own integrated solution based on FileMaker Pro platform. The end product will automate and track everything from sales to resource scheduling and production management.
The FileMaker Developer will work directly with the CEO to develop, “Ghost Mission Director,” a fully customized and automated project management workflow solution to radically streamline the everything the studio does on a daily basis. This position requires a wide range of responsibilities, including database development, feature ideation and design, automation scripting, custom function creation, multi-
platform optimization for WebDirect and iOS end user deployment, application testing, and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Design, development, maintenance, documentation, and troubleshooting of a robust and radically innovative FileMaker Pro database solution.
• User interface and layout design, scripting, and creating or modifying fields, calculations, tables, relationships, and custom functions.
• Integrate 3rd party plugins with the Filemaker solution via Filemaker Pro Server to increase the capabilities of the solution well beyond the core software.
• Optimization of various solution components for use by the staff, collaborative vendors, and clients via WebDirect and iOS platforms.
• Unyielding attention to detail and empathy for the end user experience to ensure that each deployment is not only functional but blissful to use.
• Passion to experiment to create a product that pushes innovation to a new level.
• Willingness to use and grow all skills and talents to the benefit of Ghost Productions, its staff, and its clients.
• Occasional travel for technology conferences, advanced training, and other continuing education opportunities
• Extensive experience programming in Filemaker Pro Advanced v12 and above, including complex relational design, scripting, report and UI design for for Filemaker, Pro WebDirect, and iOS deployment via Filemaker Pro Server.
• Ability to create and deploy functional Runtime solutions.
• Your resume will not be considered without Filemaker experience and the ability to show examples of innovative solutions you’ve developed in the past.
•Ideally is an in-house position. Applicants who require telecommuting or who are offshore vendors will likely not be considered.
• Functional understanding of CRM, CalDAV, gantt- based project management and team-based collaboration tools.
• Good training and communication skills, verbal and written.
• Commitment to learning new skills and techniques
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
DESIRABLE EXTRA SKILLS
• Experience with additional scripting languages and technologies such as HTML 5, Java, JSON, Python, xCode, Applescript/Automator, and SQL to increase the capabilities of the final solution.
• Filemaker SDK – if you know how to make viable standalone iOS apps via the Filemaker SDK that function independently from the Filemaker GO base application, contact us for an interview right away!
• Ability to move about as needed throughout the day
•Requires ability to use ergonomic sit and/or stand workstation up to 8 hours per day
• Ability to use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time
•Ability to complete tasks in an environment where interruptions are the norm and background noise is present
•Ability to move throughout studio and between buildings, including stairs or elevator.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Essential job functions are intended to describe those functions that are primary to the performance of this job. Other job duties include those that are considered secondary to the overall purpose of this position.
This position description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job- related duties as requested.
Ghost Productions, Inc. reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Interested applicants should first throughly research www.ghostproductions.com and then send resume’s and sample work or links to sample work to