What Is 3D Medical Illustration Anyway?
3D medical illustrations can be incredibly powerful tools to help visualize the human anatomy, and help students, doctors, and other experts better understand the body. From injuries to pathologies, how diseases affect the body, to even various treatment options, 3D medical illustrations can be used to give a complete view of a particular medical issue.
They are generally created by a specially trained artist using computer programs to create a realistic depiction of human anatomy, or other subjects needed to be studied or taught.
What 3D Medical Illustrations Are Used for
3D medical illustrations have a diverse applicability, such as:
- Training medical students – Through the 3D medical illustration, the viewer can become fully immersed and gain a better understanding of the human body, the effects of certain injuries, treatments, or diseases have on it;
- Optimizing patient treatment – physicians and other medical professionals can make better decisions regarding patient treatment when they have a better, real-life view of the body. The 3D medical illustration can be custom designed to reflect the patient’s characteristics, which gives the doctors a better view over what the course of treatment should be;
- Improving doctor-patient communication – explaining difficult medical processes or conditions is often delicate and challenging. It is incredibly important for patients to understand their conditions and course of treatment, and a 3D medical illustration can be an effective way to cross the knowledge barrier. Patients can receive a visual explanation of their symptoms, how their condition affects them, the treatment, etc.
- Selling products – 3D medical illustrations can cross over the educational realm. They can also help companies sell their products by showcasing the effects of the product on the human body, be it a new medication, medical equipment, or other. A visual 3D reenactment of the product could help persuade potential buyers.
- Improve presentations for investors – similarly, 3D medical illustrations can be integrated into presentations meant to attract investors and can help refine the sales pitch. Investors often come outside of the medical realm, so their understanding of human anatomy or medicine may be limited. 3D medical illustrations can help them visualize the product or service they will be investing in.
Types of 3D Medical Illustrations
A 3D medical illustration can be tailored to suit the needs of the company, including the preferred method of dissemination. As a result, such illustrations can be adapted as:
- Virtual reality videos
- Presentations/videos to play in medical screen rooms
- TV ads
- Mobile ads
- Mobile apps
- Interactive web or mobile applications, etc.
What to Know When Choosing the Right Service
Good 3D medical illustrations enable medical practices and institutions to easily train doctors and nurses about the practicality of an instrument, product, or medical procedure they need to learn.
Through such illustrations, medical practitioners can gain a visual understanding from the theoretical stage of the learning process, which saves institutions a lot of time and improves the education of their staff members.
When choosing the right service, it is important to consider the type of illustration you need, and the purpose – training doctors, versus a promotional video for consumers?
Can We Help?
3D medical illustrations require the right combination of artistic inclination and technical know-how to deliver a good animation that empowers your company to meet its goals. If you have a product that might benefit from such an illustration, Ghost Productions offers some of the best 3D medical illustrations on the market.
Apart from relying on high-tech software, our artists also understand the complexities of the human body and can accurately and effectively reflect your product. Contact us now to find out more.