Ghost Productions is Hiring! 3D/VR Generalist
Join the team! ghOst Productions is looking to hire a creative and hard
working 3D/VR Generalist to join our studio in Maplewood, MN.
Job Title: 3D/VR Asset Generalist
• Asset creation (Modeling/Shading/Lighting) for engine hardware rendering to be used for training, education, entertainment, and marketing.
• Learn and bring new ideas/ solutions to improve visual sophistication and efficiency for hardware rendering solutions.
- Have fun and contribute to a creative, and positive work environment.
• Collaborate with other members of the team to best plan productions and facilitate team success.
• Improve understanding of medical techniques and general anatomy.
- Help to improve asset creation standards and best practices.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Apply technical skills to support hardware engine driven 3D Interactive and VR development, with an emphasis on texturing, lighting utilizing Unreal and/or Unity or similar hardware rendering systems.
• Asset creation: Efficient modeling of diverse custom content for interactive/animated hardware rendering.
• Actively work to improve overall model and shading/lighting efficiency.
• Timely fulfillment of sprint deadlines.
• Open/regular communications with fellow team members to enhance the success of the overall team.
• Support other team members to find technical solutions and improve the overall sprint outcomes.
• Updating the Scrum Master daily of status and potential perceived roadblocks.
• Discovering new techniques for the 3D development process that makes for a more visually stunning software and a stronger, more efficient development pipeline.
•Fulfilling objectives and directives of the Scrum Master, and Project Owners goals.
• Accurately interpret direction and efficiently deliver desired results.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Associate Degree, or proven artistic talent.
Knowledge Requirements (licenses, programs, or certifications):
– Autodesk Maya, Unity/Unreal (or similar engine driven hardware rendering packages), Zbrush, Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter, Basic Compression of C#, Python or similar objective code language.
- Knowledge and competency with 3D software, modeling, animation, and rendering.
We offer medical, dental and a competitive 401k retirement plan. We have
super-flexible core hours that allow you to work when you are at your most
productive, free highly-caffeinated beverages, opportunities for travel for
continuing education, free parking, Herman Miller Chairs, ergonomic
desks, a scary-powerful render farm, and freedom to work on your own ideas after-hours.
If you are interested in this position, and want to join the Ghost team,
please send your portfolio, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org