***This Position Has Been Filled*** Ghost Productions is Hiring! 3D Rigger & Generalist
Job Title: 3D Rigger and Generalist
Create a great variety of rigs to be used by the animation staff.
Contribute to regular animation pipeline by also being able to supply modeling and animating skills.
Learn and bring new ideas/solutions to improve the look of Ghost.
Improve production pipeline by developing, maintaining, and implementing native scripted software tools for animation/production software.
Create and develop dynamic particle and fluid simulations.
Maintain clean and well organized rigged files that have understandable, unique naming convention.
Collaborate with other members of the team to best plan productions and facilitate storytelling.
Increase skills and usefulness of both yourself and your fellow co-workers.
The capacity to build, maintain and upgrade workstations and servers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities of the 3D Rigger and Generalist
– Creating and animating visually engaging content from pre-production assets.
– Effectively communicating client ideas through a visual medium.
– Support 3D production staff with general rigging tasks and scripting in Maya.
– Meeting production deadlines.
– Updating project management software on a daily basis utilizing SOP (Standard Operation Procedures) to coordinate projects with other team members.
– Incorporating client feedback into projects
– Discovering new techniques for the 3D production process that makes for a more visually stunning product and a stronger, more efficient production pipeline.
– Fulfilling objectives and directives of directors and managers.
– Above all, have fun!
Job Requirements & Qualifications
– Associate Degree, or proven artistic talent.
Knowledge Requirements (licenses, programs, or certifications):
– Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Basic Compression and Authoring Software, Houdini
– Knowledge and competency with 3D software, scripting, modeling, animation, and rendering.
– The ability to operate computer equipment.
Special Information (Travel required, on-call schedule, etc):
– Occasional need to put in greater than 50 hours per week during heavy production and/or short deadlines.
– Continuing education opportunities may require travel to other cities, SIGGRAPH etc.
If interested in the position, please send your resume, portfolio and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org