***This Position Has Been Filled*** Lighting and Texture Artist
Ghost Productions is now hiring!
Ghost Productions is looking for a creative individual experienced in Lighting, Texturing, and Look Development. The ideal candidate will have a sharp eye for detail and a strong aesthetic drive to develop and produce beautiful finished content. The individual will be coordinating with the Creative Director and the 3D team to continually improve the quality of our finished animations. In addition, they will be versed in developing visuals that can be effectively relayed to the compositing team for replication. Strong experience with Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe After Effects is required, as well as a minimum of 2+ years of production in medical animation, or a similar field.
Job Title : Lighting and Texture Artist
Department : 3D
Hire Date : TBD
Compensation : Annual Base TBD + Benefits: 50% Employer Paid Premiums with Medica, 50% Employer Paid Premiums with Principal Dental Group (eligible for medical and dental after 90 days of employment), 401k with 4% Match (eligible after 6 months employment), ~3 Weeks Accrual-Based Paid Time Off Annually + 1 day per year employed.
Probationary Length: 90 Days
– Primary Responsibilities:
– primary responsibilities include UV mapping, texturing, shading, lighting, and look development – work with the Creative Director and/or appropriate team members to achieve the desired final look of projects and assets – maintain the studio standards with regards to file and asset organization as well as following pipeline standard operating procedures – ability to foresee any potential technical and/or creative issues based on minimal information – collaborate with other team members to ensure that the quality of work meets or exceeds Ghost, and Client expectations – ability to keep up to speed with current software and workflows, and to have the ability to make recommendations and implement tools and software to increase pipeline efficiency – proficiency in modeling, rigging, layout, animation and basic compositing is desired – proficiency in anatomy is desired
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
– using the software noted below, ensure that the look of projects and assets are achieved based on Creative Direction – ensure that finished frames are delivered to the compositing department without any technical issues – ensure that an internal/client approved “Go By” look development file for each required shot and/or scene is provided to the compositing department
– ensure that all of your tasks meet or exceed production deadlines – ability to be flexible between projects and be able to multi-task with minimal notice – exceptional communication skills are required as the back end of the production requires the most attention to detail, and the ability to develop and implement solutions to problems quickly – exceptional teamwork skills are a must – attend weekly production meetings and ensure that all of your tasks are on schedule, and troubleshoot any issues prior to them happening – ability to incorporate and understand Creative Director/Client feedback – ability to work with little supervision is desired
• – ability to oversee, develop, and assign tasks for discovered issues within a project to a team is desired
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Education : Associate/Bachelors Degree, or 5+ years experience in 3D production
Knowledge Requirements (licenses, programs, or certifications) :
– Autodesk Maya 2012+, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe After Effects
Experience: 2+ years production experience in medical animation, or other similar field is a MUST
Portfolio: portfolio demonstrating strong 3D skills is a MUST
Special Information (Travel required, on-call schedule, etc):
– Occasional need to put in greater than 50 hours per week during heavy production and/or short deadlines. – Continuing education opportunities may require travel to other cities, SIGGRAPH etc.
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com