Job Title: 3D Rigger and Dynamics Specialist
- Create, rig and animate content for clients to utilize for training, education, entertainment, and product
- Learn and bring new ideas/solutions to improve the look of ghOst.
- Improve production pipeline by developing, maintaining, and implementing native scripted software tools
- for animation/production software.
- Create and develop dynamic particle and fluid simulations.
- Maintain clean and well organized rigged files that have understandable, unique naming convention.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to best plan productions and facilitate storytelling.
- Increase skills and usefulness of both yourself and your fellow co-workers.
- The capacity to build, maintain and upgrade workstations and servers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Creating and animating visually engaging content from pre-production assets.
- Effectively communicating client ideas through a visual medium.
- Support 3D production staff with general rigging tasks and scripting in Maya.
- Meeting production deadlines.
- Updating project management software on a daily basis utilizing SOP (Standard Operation Procedures) to
coordinate projects with other team members.
- Incorporating client feedback into projects
- Discovering new techniques for the 3D production process that makes for a more visually stunning product
and a stronger, more efficient production pipeline.
- Fulfilling objectives and directives of directors and managers.
- Above all, have fun!
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Associate Degree, or proven artistic talent
Knowledge Requirements (licenses, programs, or certifications):
- Autodesk Maya, Houdini, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Basic Compression and Authoring Software
- Knowledge and competency with 3D software, scripting, modeling, animation, and rendering.
- The ability to operate computer equipment.
Special Information (Travel required, on-call schedule, etc):
- Occasional need to put in greater than 50 hours per week during heavy production and/or short deadlines.
- Continuing education opportunities may require travel to other cities, SIGGRAPH etc.