***This Position Has Been Filled*** Ghost Productions is Hiring! Virtual Reality Developer
Hiring: Virtual Reality Developer
Ghost Productions, Inc. has been explaining medicine and its benefit to humanity since for the world’s most innovative surgical development companies since 1994. Our primary goal is to create a surgical simulation training platform in fully immersive virtual reality to radically improve medical training and eliminate medical errors which is currently the 3rd leading cause of preventable death in the U.S.
We are looking for a developer interested in working with a top-notch multi-disciplinary team to develop highly functional virtual reality applications for that closely mimic real-world surgical scenarios across all medical specialties. This developer would be responsible for driving the look, feel, and function of virtual reality experiences that help medical professionals practice a wide range of medical procedures through guided simulations.
This individual will gain a complete understanding of anatomy and physiology and experience a front row seat in the theater of pioneering medical technologies that rivals science fiction in every imaginable way. This is an exciting job for the most creative problem solver who wishes to actually use their skills in a way that will save lives and increase medicine’s potential to benefit all of humanity.
- Develop software for simulating medical procedures and training medical professionals.
- Investigate, prototype, and refine novel methods for creating and delivering realistic medical simulations on a wide variety of VR hardware.
- Explore newly developed haptic technology and methods of integrating a more fully immersive training experience for physicians and medical professionals.
- Contribute to the team effort to create more efficient methods of developing virtual reality simulations by increasing the capability of our base software.
- Integrate existing virtual reality hardware/software systems with new, experimental haptic feedback devices to better simulate a wide variety of medical scenarios.
Desired Experience / Capabilities:
- Unity 3D/Unreal
- Oculus Rift/HTC Vive/Mixed Reality HMDs
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- GPU Optimized Shaders/Rendering
- AGILE Development Methodologies
- Competitive Salary: Solid career opportunity with stable pay and profit sharing opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits: Health and dental benefits and an exceptional 401K matching program
- Flexibility: Accrued paid time off increases each year allowing for travel and leisure. Flexible core hours makes it possible for each employee to establish their own work schedule.
- Fantastic Place to Work: While we do offer the opportunity to work remotely, our studio is comfortable and robust with creativity. Located in the Twin Cities surrounded by parks, bike paths and lakes.